LittleBee Spring 30Amp 2-6S ESC (Dshot 600) (26x14mm) (7.5g WITH wires)
Let’s be honest, we stopped running LittleBee’s because of the size. Well, the LittleBee Spring 30Amp 2-6S ESC is 26x14mm and weighs in at 7.5g WITH wires making it one of, if not THE smallest 2-6S ESC’s in production currently. In addition to being one of the most compact 30A ESC’s on the market, it also runs Dshot 600 without cap removal. Simply solder them up, configure as you normally would for Dshot and you’re off to the races! While we haven’t had a chance to test these ESC’s, I can say that I STILL have a set of functional LittleBee Pro’s (with rows of missing caps) attached to a set of red bottoms which were retired when I moved to a smaller frame. That being said, when we were approached by LittleBee about offering these ESC’s, when we confirmed the dimensions, we immediately purchased. Since then, I’ve hinted at these new LittleBee’s being the smallest 2-6S Dshot ESC on the market which resulted in the sale of the bulk of this first shipment so get them while you can, but don’t worry, we’re ordering PLENTY more as it stands.
LittleBee Spring 30Amp 2-6S ESC Specifications:
- Continuous Current: 30A
- Burst Current: 35A
- Input Voltage: 2S-6S LiPO
- Weight: 7.5g (with wires)
- Dimensions: 26x14mm
Dshot Highlights and advantages over other protocols include:
(if you want seriously in-depth, go HERE)
- no signal jitter.. if the FC sends 1375 the ESC will receive 1375
- high resolution (2048steps)
- no oscillator drift (no more calibrating ESC’s)
- more robust against spikes
- safer as every singnal has a CRC (cyclic redundancy check)
- maybe later some goodies like having the ESC’s beep with the buzzer signal or things like that
If you’re looking for more info on Blheli_S, click HERE. The highlights of the Blheli_S protocol are as follows:
- BLHeli_S is an improved version of the base BLHeli code.
- BLHeli_S delivers a throttle response that is Smooth as Silk, and the main factor contributing to this, is that it uses hardware to generate motor PWM. Two MCUs support this for BLHeli_S, namely the BusyBee1 at 24MHz (EFM8BB10F8) and the BusyBee2 at 48MHz (EFM8BB21F16).
- BLHeli_S will have the same good Sync holding properties as base BLHeli. Maybe even better.
- BLHeli_S generally does Startup better than base BLHeli.
- BLHeli_S does damped light. Only.
- BLHeli_S has motor PWM that is Synchronous to the MCU master clock, as it is generated by hardware. This makes the motor Silent.
- BLHeli_S has very Small throttle Steps. The resolution varies between hardware configurations (MCU clock speed and driver type), and is between a nominal 512 steps and 2048 steps.
- BLHeli_S supports very high motor Speeds. A BB1 MCU will support 350k erpm, and the limit of the BB2 is not yet known, so the code is set to
limit at 500k erpm.
- BLHeli_S supports regular 1-2ms input signal, as well as Oneshot125, Oneshot42 and Multishot. Autodetected when the ESC sees an input signal.